Last Updated: 2008-01-01 21:18:05 UTC
by Mari Nichols (Version: 1)
Every year do you keep promising to lose weight, quit smoking and save more money? And every year do you break your resolutions by January 15th? Well this year let’s resolve to make some changes that really count. Let’s make our networks and computers more secure. We’re making a list and checking it twice. Here is my list of things to make sure to do in 2008:
- Make sure every computer is patched to the latest operating system update.
- Make sure every computer is running updated anti-virus programs.
- Check your systems for spyware regularly.
- Institute a Security Awareness Program and keep it updated and lively.
- Attend at least one Security Training event this year, online or in person.
- Make your homepage count, set it to SANS Internet Storm Center to keep up with the latest security issues.
Send your suggestions here.
Fair Winds in 2008,