SANS ISC Receives Award

Published: 2006-02-15
Last Updated: 2006-02-15 17:16:04 UTC
by Marcus Sachs (Version: 1)
0 comment(s)
The SANS Internet Storm Center was recognized Tuesday evening at the annual RSA Conference by receiving the SC Magazine Editors Choice Award for 2006.  We are deeply humbled by the honor and I would like to extend my appreciation to the many people behind the SANS ISC who make all of this possible.  The group of volunteer incident handlers that spend countless hours chasing all sorts of problems on the Internet are at the heart of the ISC and without them we could not exist - thanks ladies and gents!  Likewise, the large army of volunteers who run DShield sensors, those who participate in the email groups and online forums, and the thousands of readers who provide observations, thoughts, and analysis in support of making the Internet more secure are also part of this recognition.  Finally, kudos to the SANS Institute for providing the servers, Internet connections, and back office support over the past several years.  As we approach our fifth birthday I think that we have reached a significant milestone.  We look forward to many more years of collaboration and teamwork as we endeavor to build a more secure Internet.

Marcus H. Sachs
Director, SANS Internet Storm Center

Keywords:
0 comment(s)

Comments

Diary Archives