This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Location||Fort Belvoir, VA|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCUX, GPPA, or related|
|Salary||120,000 - 160,000|
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Primary Place of Performance: Fort Belvoir, VA
Mandatory Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and TS/SCI Clearance
JFL Consulting is seeking a Cyberspace Defense Operator to join a highly technical team of cyber specialists. Applicant will be part of a small, mobile defensive cyber operations assessment team working with the most current network analysis, TAP, forensics, and network auditing COTS and open source tools available.
The team’s responsibilities include reviewing and assessing all aspects of the customer’s mission by conducting full packet capture of network data traffic; inspecting data traffic for non-authorized activity or any form of network exploitation and compromise using a variety of network security sensor applications; analyzing data traffic inspection results and presenting results and findings in a clear and concise manner; preparing reports and briefings to include recommendations for mitigation techniques; and running network modeling and configuration compliance/vulnerability scanning tools on computer networks. The team works in a very fast-paced environment to complete mission objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or engineering. In lieu of a degree, 7 years of directly related operational experience may be a substitute.
- Applicant will require a minimum of 3 to 6 years of experience conducting full packet capture analysis and will require mandatory experience in network and system administration, TAP technologies, virtualization administration, *Nix O/S, and server technologies.
- Possess Information Operations and CND experience as defined and described in Joint Publication 3-13, Information Operations and DoD 8570.01-M.
- Possess working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include DoD’s system security authorization agreements (SSAA).
- Possess or be able to gain the following minimum set of professional information technology/security certifications: CISSP or CompTIA Security+CE, a computing environment certification such as CCNA or Linux+, and one of the following - CEH, GSNA, or CISA as listed in DoD 8570.01-M.
- Strong experience with network security monitoring, threat hunting, network packet analysis, malware analysis, signature development, and shell scripting.
- Ability to install, configure, and administer network security monitoring (NSM) software applications.
- Troubleshooting skills in problems with software and hardware.
- Configuring, managing and maintaining networking equipment.
- Strong computer networking skills and experience with network firewalls.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Applicant will be required to produce written technical reports, presentations and give briefings to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Possess a working knowledge of computer network modeling software.
- Possess a working knowledge of computer network vulnerability and compliance scanning/analysis software (e.g. Nessus).
- Ability to lift and move 50-pound objects.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a Master’s degree in scientific or technical field.
- Experience conducting vulnerability-based network security assessments.
- Possess GCIA, GCIH (or any related GIAC certification), WCNA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and MCSE information technology certifications.
- Work documentation using Visio.
- Experience with packet capture technologies and protocol analyzers.
- Programming experience (Perl, Python, C, etc.).
Other Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess TS/SCI clearance.
- Travel: Up to 30% travel required and the ability to travel on short notice.
- Ability to work non-standard hours.
- Willing and able to obtain required immunizations for overseas travel.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to ensure well-balanced, and safe operations.
- At a minimum, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the following: Antiterrorism force protection program and surveillance procedures against U.S. personnel while deployed in an overseas environment, and understanding of foreign intelligence collection against U.S. personnel.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, generous leave policy, reimbursement for job-related certifications and more.
About JFL Consulting, LLC
With more than twenty years of securing some of the U.S. Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community’s most critical networks, JFL Consulting, LLC provides advanced network security solutions to a range of government and commercial clients. Our cybersecurity operators are expert at assessing and defending mission-critical data and the networks that facilitate their operation. We are focused on delivering advanced products and industry best practices that meet each customer’s unique requirements. For more information visit www.jflconsulting.com.
JFL Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute. It is also the policy of JFL Consulting, LLC to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.