|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GISF, GSEC, GCIH, GCED|
|Contact Name||Nakia Matthews|
Cyxtera Technologies, a security and data center company, is looking for a Junior Security Analyst to join our SOC. ***Please note that applicants must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card)***
- Communicate, and ensure compliance with, organizational security policies and standards.
- Work directly with business units and individuals to facilitate IT audit, risk analysis, and risk management processes.
- Identify and communicate acceptable levels of risk, and research/advise on best practices.
- Ensure security programs are in compliance with both Cyxtera policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide security incident response to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, fixed assets, data, and company reputation.
- Manage information security and risk management awareness training programs for all employees, contractors, and approved system users.
- Support incoming Security Operations Center incidents, managing workload professionally, and making effective use of ticketing systems and communications technologies to interface with internal and external customers.
- Monitor email and dashboard notifications for new incidents and events.
- Organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Tune SIEM and logging infrastructure, and ensuring log collection and SIEM sensors are receiving appropriate and complete information.
- Support procurement activities.
- Provide on-call incident support, per schedule established.
- Experience in some combination of risk management, information security, and/or IT roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences, at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of initiative.
- Ability to travel, less than 10%.
- Ability to work from Sterling, VA datacenter four days per week.
Cyxtera is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.