Resolution(s) For The New Year

Published: 2005-12-29
Last Updated: 2005-12-29 22:20:01 UTC
by Chris Carboni (Version: 1)
0 comment(s)
As the end of the year is often a time of reflection, let me take a moment to put aside the technical nature of what we all do and offer some of my recent thoughts.

I'll be the first to admit, there are things I can do much better than I have been and I'd wager that most people reading this believe there is at least one security related thing that they can do better as well.

If you have not already done so, take a few moments to think about what you could do better.  We all understand the realities of budgets, office politics and the other factors we often complain about daily and lay blame on for an inability to do [insert whatever here], and we understand that many things will not change despite how much we wish them to.

Think of one thing that you can (realistically) do better next year to make the systems you are responsible for safer, more secure and just as usable and then make a plan to make it happen.

You don't have to send your resolutions in to us, but at some point next year, I'll put the question to you as to whether you kept your resolution or not.

If you insist on sharing, or want to send your resolution to someone thinking that you might be more inclined to keep it if someone else knows, send them to me at isc dot chris at gee mail dot com.  If I have enough and see any patterns emerge I'll write about it when I am again on duty next month.

Keywords:
0 comment(s)

Comments

Diary Archives