Last year in December I posted a diary asking for predictions from our readers about what they thought the New Year would bring.
Let's take a look at what our readers said:
So how did we do?
1) Web Born Worms - Yep, there has definitely been an increase in them. From MySpace to CNNWarNews we have seen an increase in worms inplanted and ready to move at a moments notice.
2) RSS Malcode - Again, we have indeed seen an increase in RSS exploits.
3) Trojans outpace worms - If you take a look at Symantec, McAfee and other AV software companies, I think you will see that this too has come to pass. There are more "Trojanesq" exploits than actual viruses and worms. I think the criminal types have figured out that they Trojan's are more profitable.
4) Voice over IP phishing - Yes - we have indeed seen a few of these this year.
5) Xbot 360 - Hmm - Not sure about this one. I haven't heard anything about this at least.
6) Cross Site Scripting attacks - Oh yeah, we have indeed seen a few of those.
7) Zero days - We have seen an increase in zero days.
So I would say our readers did pretty well. 6 out of 7 ain't bad.
So what do you think? What will 2007 hold in store for us? More of the same or something new on the horizon. Let us know.
Dec 4th 2006
Dec 4th 2006
1 decade ago