Last year in December I posted a diary asking for predictions from our readers about what they thought the New Year would bring.
Let's take a look at what our readers said:
So how did we do?
1) Web Born Worms - Yep, there has definitely been an increase in them. From MySpace to CNNWarNews we have seen an increase in worms inplanted and ready to move at a moments notice.
2) RSS Malcode - Again, we have indeed seen an increase in RSS exploits.
3) Trojans outpace worms - If you take a look at Symantec, McAfee and other AV software companies, I think you will see that this too has come to pass. There are more "Trojanesq" exploits than actual viruses and worms. I think the criminal types have figured out that they Trojan's are more profitable.
4) Voice over IP phishing - Yes - we have indeed seen a few of these this year.
5) Xbot 360 - Hmm - Not sure about this one. I haven't heard anything about this at least.
6) Cross Site Scripting attacks - Oh yeah, we have indeed seen a few of those.
7) Zero days - We have seen an increase in zero days.
So I would say our readers did pretty well. 6 out of 7 ain't bad.
So what do you think? What will 2007 hold in store for us? More of the same or something new on the horizon. Let us know.
Dec 4th 2006
1 decade ago